HREA Webinar on May 19: Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality Programs

HREA is hosting a free one-hour online webinar next Tuesday, May 19, at 14:30 UTC. The event will focus on engaging men and boys in programs focused on gender equality:

Most programs and projects on gender equality focus on women. However, it is equally important to address power dynamics between different genders and consider how they affect progress towards gender equality. Because of this, practitioners increasingly recognise that engaging men and boys in programming is essential to advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment. Programming should also identify male-based gender issues that may make men and boys particularly vulnerable. In this one-hour professional development webinar, Gary Barker will draw upon concrete experiences and examples from Promundo’s work to provide a critical look at current efforts to engage men and boys.

You can register here and they will then send the details of how to join the webinar!

After the webinar, please do post here to discuss any new insights and reactions!

2 Likes

Hello! Could you please share the notes of the discussion, sorry to have missed this! Soma KP

1 Like

Hi @Soma!

It should be possible to access a recording of the webinar on HREA’s site online! Go to learn.hrea.org and register for a free account. Then, look under the folder/category for “Open Courses” and choose “Public Webinar Series.” You’ll find the recording on that page after you hit enroll.

Alternatively, once you login to your account this link should help you find the recording!

I’d be interested to hear your reflections on the webinar afterwards!

2 Likes

Thanks for the links! I will connect and send you any comments i may have. Is it ok if i share this with my colleague who leads the pocess of gender sensitivity with men and boys? Thanks Soma KP

Soma KP,

Researcher/Advisor Gender, Development and Livelihoods A-111 Shivalik , New Delhi-110017 Phone: 91 9811405539

1 Like

Definitely! Feel free to share those links with anyone interested!

1 Like