Program Director, Philantropy (Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus)
Are you a mission-driven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit interested in joining the team of a growing, international organization? If so, an exciting opportunity exists for a Program Director to further develop a philanthropic practice supporting vulnerable populations, particularly forced migrants. If you are interested in social and economic justice, and venture philanthropy along with career growth, here’s a position for you.
The Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (“Missionary Sisters”; “The Institute”), is a global, Catholic faith-based, non-profit organization that strives to respond to others with compassion and to serve with excellence. The Institute was founded in 1880 by a passionate and bold woman Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini whose one desire was to communicate, demonstrate, and make known the love and mercy of Christ through tangible acts of love, mercy, and justice.
Our ministry works include education, healthcare, eldercare, and community-based immigrant and social services throughout the world, and our mission embraces and strives for equity, diversity, and transformation, in our commitment to leaving no-one behind. For more information about our organization, please visit us at www.cabriniworld.org.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the Director of Investments, this role’s focus is to expand the positive impact of our temporal goods, and help develop a fundraising platform for the Institute.
- Work with key stakeholders to design a strategy to further the Institute’s philanthropic acts.
- Develop and oversee a charismatically aligned grant portfolio that complements and enhances our existing ministry work.
- Collaborate with other philanthropic entities and development partners. Work closely with our Impact Investment practice to deepen the impact of our mission-driven investments.
- Develop and implement a fundraising platform.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the grant portfolio’s impact. Communicate findings to our stakeholders.
- Engage with Institute leadership in maximizing opportunities for the Missionary Sisters to be immersed in the grant making process. Facilitate education of Sisters and laity across the Institute.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Demonstrate a deep passion for the Missionary, programmatic, and organizational goals of the Institute.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years experience working in philanthropy and /or community outreach and with developing countries preferred.
- Solid knowledge of the development sector. Experience working with forced migrants is preferred.
- Flexible, self-starter, who embraces an entrepreneurial environment with a social mission. Experience in running an NGO or social enterprise is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese or Italian is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestic and International (30%).
- Multi-cultural competencies with the capacity to collaborate with stakeholders in an international setting.
The Missionary Sisters Offer:
- 100% company paid Medical for the employee and family coverage.
- (4) weeks’ vacation along with (5) personal days, sick and holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403 (b) and more!
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite
Position Location: Onsite (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
To Apply: For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter by clicking the apply button.
For the right candidate we may be able to consider remote work, and or support in obtaining appropriate work authorization for the USA.
Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is an Equal Opportunity Employer