Received by email:
All humanitarian, development, or campaigning work has the potential to address gender inequality. Conversely, if the appropriate capacity and steps are not in place, it has the potential to reinforce or worsen gender inequalities. In this new course from Oxfam, you will learn key concepts and specific steps you can take to ensure your work contributes towards gender justice and women’s rights. You will also discover how your personal biases about gender may impact your work.
This course is available in English and Spanish. Arabic and French will be available soon.
This 90-minute online course provides the learner with a solid understanding of the terms and ideas related to gender justice and women’s rights. Through practical examples, the course illustrates Oxfam’s approach to Gender Justice and how Gender Justice impacts humanitarian work.
- Basic concepts and terms related to gender justice
- Two common approaches to achieving gender justice
- Oxfam’s approach to gender justice
- Gender justice work in the context of humanitarian development, and campaigns work
- How your personal biases and deeply held beliefs about gender impact your work
The course is intended for everyone; staff, interns, volunteers and students of international development organizations.