Up to $50,000 for up to 1 year
The United States Embassy is pleased to announce the first round of the 2020 Democracy Commission Small Grants Program competition. The program supports initiatives that develop democracy, promote respect for human rights, and support civic education in Armenia.
Special consideration will be given to proposals that focus on one or more of the following:
- Support transparency and accountability in governance and the fight against corruption;
- Develop independent, diverse, and pluralistic media in Armenia;
- Promote importance of entrepreneurship and boost entrepreneurial skills;
- Promote reconciliation and lasting partnerships between the people of Armenia and Azerbaijan and/or Armenia and Turkey, including plans for continued cooperation after the project ends; and
- Promote activities to engage youth audiences in the development of civic participation, political debate, and social responsibility in Armenia.